Virtual Museum for Canaanites, Phoenicians and Punic Civilizations
The objective of the virtual museum is to exhibit in one website authentic, replicated and virtual objects and sites related to the Canaanites, Phoenicians and Punic civilizations. It will also include traveling exhibitions and other relevant content on the subject.
Educational tours are available to help users better understand specific topics. Simulations and videos will also be available.
We believe that such a collection of digital reproductions, containing a balanced blend of related visual and textual information, contributes greatly to the understanding and dissemination of these civilizations wealth to the general public.
This online museum will be available in four languages (French, English, Arabic and Spanish).
The objects exposed are spread all over the world, either in museums, or are part of individual collections.
Each object caption will mention:
- Physical location (Louvre Museum, Berlin Museum, British Museum, individual collection, Etc…)
- Original description, followed by additional comments approved by the scientific committee
- Comments or additional details will be approved by the Scientific Committee before being added
- Documents that complement and deepen the available information
- Any other comment coming from internet users will be debated accordingly
- A geographical map of Canaanites, Phoenicians and Punic cities will be published. Each site will benefit from a detailed historical description, touristic attractions, and specific events.
- Sites can be a city, a harbor, a bridge, a monument or archeological grounds.
- Sites will be photographed, commented, and videos will also be available
Alphabet, deities, glass blowing, Murex production, ceramic, glass, traditions, painting, sculptures, etc… will be exhibited with details on their origin, references, authors, shadowed zone or any questioned topic.
All works are referenced with their original location, authors and appropriate dating.
A bibliography would be set up in thematic and appropriate dating. It will include studies, thesis, books and seminars regarding these civilizations.
All considerations of copyright will be considered. They will be studied case by case.DONATE NOW